Most Common Cardiovascular Diseases
Some Important cardiovascular diseases are as follow :
“THE DISORDER OF
BLOOD VESSELS CHARACTERIZED
BY ELASTICITY OF ARTERIAL WALL”
MAIN CAUSES OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS:
- High blood cholesterol
- physical inactivity
- severe diabetes
- obesity, family history of the atrial disease
The atherosclerosis of coronary arteries can cause ” Angina pectoris” which is characterized by pain in the left chest, left arm, or jaws.
Can Atherosclerosis Be Cured:
- This can be prevented by a low cholesterol diet and doing regular exercise.
” PERSISTENT HIGH ARTERIAL BLOOD PRESSURE IS CALLED HYPERTENSION “
The persistent finding of B.P greater than 140/90 mm of Hg is considered hypertension.
WARNING SIGNS OF HYPERTENSION:
- High salt intake
- Renal disorders
- It is called a “silent killer” and can result in stroke or heart attack. It promotes atherosclerosis and promotes enlargement of the heart which then fails to pump blood efficiently.
“FORMATION OF A CLOTTED MASS OF BLOOD IN BLOOD VESSEL “
Thrombosis occurs due to any endothelial injury caused by an atheromatous plaque.
The platelets then gather at the damaged site to initiate the process of clotting. As the growth of the plaque or clot progresses, the lumen of the artery narrows and finally completely blocks.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THROMBOSIS IS LEFT UNTREATED?
The thrombosis of a coronary artery can lead to a heart attack. The thrombus of cerebral vessels can lead to stroke. A thrombus can give rise to ” embolus” This embolus can give rise to the same consequences as done by thrombus.
“IT IS A CLINICAL CONDITION CHARACTERIZED BY
ISCHEMIC NECROSIS OF CELLS OF HEART CAUSED
BY BLOCKAGE OF CORONARY ARTERY “
CAUSES OF HEART ATTACK:
- Thrombosis of the coronary artery or an embolus from a distant site of circulation can be responsible for the blockage of the coronary artery.
- The area of the heart which has none or little flow of blood can not sustain cardiac function and is said to be infarcted, as a consequence the affected cardiac muscles die due to lack of nutrients and oxygen.
If the damaged area is small, the victim may recover but the death of a large area can lead to the death of a person.
“MINIMIZE RED MEAT
A HEALTHY HEARTBEAT “
BLUE BABIES (cyanosis)
“IT IS A CLINICAL CONDITION CHARACTERIZED BY BLUISH DISCOLORATION OF SKIN AND MUCOUS MEMBRANE DUE TO HIGH CONCENTRATION OF DEOXYGENATED HEMOGLOBIN.”
The most common cause of cyanosis in newborns is an abnormal connection between the right and left sides of the heart which leads to the mixing of oxygenated and deoxygenated blood.
The mixing of blood can be due to
- atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD)
- Persistent ductus arteriosus
“THE DAMAGE TO THE PART OF BRAIN CAUSED BY INTERRUPTION OF CEREBRAL BLOOD SUPPLY IS CALLED STROKE.”
WARNING SIGN OF STROKE:
- paralysis of only one side of the body.
- sensory loss
- motor loss
TOP THREE CAUSES OF STROKE :
- Thrombosis of the cerebral artery or an embolus from a distant site of circulation can be responsible for the blockage of a cerebral artery.
- It can also occur due to leakage of blood outside of the blood vessel in the brain.
- Hypertension and atherosclerosis can also cause a stroke.